Friday, September 16, 2005

Mission Accomplished: All Fucked Up. Bush puts Rove in Charge of Rebuilding the Gulf

The Clarion-Ledger said Friday it obtained an internal Justice Department e-mail sent out this week to U.S. attorneys that asks: "Has your district defended any cases on behalf of the (U.S.) Army Corps of Engineers against claims brought by environmental groups seeking to block or otherwise impede the Corps work on the levees protecting New Orleans? If so, please describe the case and the outcome of the litigation."

THE POETRY OF GEORGE BUSH, AKA AN INTERNAL MONOLOGUE ON HOW I STOPPED WORRYING AND LEARNED TO LOVE A GOOD HURRICANE

I came down to New Orleans,
looked around and noted,
place ain't worth a hill of beans.
doubt these black folk would've voted
for me anyhow.

but damn! my record sucks so bad
hell, name it, cause I've fucked it up
the Iraq war, Osama free,
thank god there's no real scrutiny.
I mean, give me a job and I'll muck it up
been doin' it since i was a lad
while other boys had to suck it up
and go and fight the Viet Cong
My Dad said Son you stay right here
the Nat'l Guard's where you belong.

Anyhoo, i guess there's not much more
around for me to screw
up,
except for the aftermath.
I tell you what, the place took a bath.
don't even think duct tape'll help
We must rebuild, so all youse people
go to church and hug a steeple
pray the most you ever done
cause now the Bush Gulf War's begun.

It was the real war all along.
That Iraq crap was just a song
the aim was get the Red States free
of people black and red and greens
Them Greenies piss me off so bad
I'm puttin Rove in charge
of rebuilding New Orleans.

Mission accomplished:
tell the army use their total resources
to figure out how to put the blame on
environmentalist whoresons
GIT HALLY-BURTON ON THE CASE!
don't give a damn about houses for the poor
leave em in Texas and Utah
let Delay Gerrymander them right out the door
of the electoral process, HooWah!